Pilot Flight, Maintenance and Logistics Training
Integrated Robotics offers pilot and situational awareness observer training course as defined by FAA Part 107 flight operations protocol. Our team are FAA certified in fixed-wing and multi-rotor small unmanned aerial systems flight operations.
Our Training Program topics and concepts are essential for safe, legal, and responsible use of small unmanned aerial systems within the U.S. National Airspace System. Additionally, workflow familiarization on integration of payload sensors required for mission data capture is emphasized.
The course runs for 5 days (Monday to Friday) and is scheduled according to student requirements. if Integrated Robotics FAA compliance training site is not convenient, our training team will travel to client FAA compliance training site.
The pre-training homework is very important in maximizing use of time and ensuring a successful transfer of knowledge during the primary 4-day field training. Completing this work prior to training has proven to mitigate distraction and allow focus on the core hands-on Operational Training in the field.
Operational Training for planning missions encompasses community-based guidelines, safe operating environmental rules, safety practices, and certified minimum risk protocols to assure responsible and safe training operations.
Ground Control Station (GCS) – familiarization with basic operation of Autopilot Mission Map Planner software and cloud downlink. Students will need a PC or an Apple computer utilizing Bootcamp application software in a Microsoft Windows based environment.
Small Unmanned Aerial Systems Maintenance and Logistics
Pre-and-post flight inspection guidelines and logistic safety practices taught for mission objectives.
Sample Five Day In-Class Training Syllabus
- Customer discussion (1.5-2 hours)
- Basic fixed wing aeronautics (30-60 min)
- UAV system architecture (60 min)
- UAV system setup and procedures (90 min)
- Operational Safety (60 min)
- Roles and responsibilities including commands and procedures (30 min)
- Mission planning and basics of mission planner GCS (120 min)
- Operation role-play (60-90 min)
- Q and A
- Optional: demo flight (depending on remaining time and progress)
- Review of day 1 (60 min)
- Customer led procedures (60 mins)
- Customer led mission planning (30-60 min)
- Instructor-led, customer-run operations (4-5 hours)
- Review of performance (30 mins)
- Review of content and Q and A (60 mins)
- Review of Days 1 & 2 (30 min)
- Customer led operations (3-4 hours) – 3 hours of hands-on flight time
- Customer led mini mapping missions (3 hours) – 10-12 missions
- Performance review (30 min)
- Q and A (30-60 min)
- Review from previous days (30 min)
- Customer led mini mapping missions (2 hours) – 8 missions
- Customer led production mapping mission (1.5-2 hours) 1-2 missions
- Customer led mini-missions focusing on any weak areas (4 hours) 16-20 missions
- Debriefing and documentation of follow up work
- Prepare for practical’s
- Practical operations and subject reinforcement.